Foreign Licences

← Back To Learning Library

If you’re planning to visit us from another country, we'll need to record your licence information as part of the rental process. Licences printed using alphabets other than the Latin alphabet used here cannot be accepted without a copy of an International Driving Permit (IDP). You can get an IDP from one of your country’s automobile associations – we suggest you begin the application process for this licence well in advance of your date of departure.

Licences written in Latin text, but not in English or French, are usually accepted – but ask us during the reservation process if you have any questions or concerns. Learners’ licences or those lower than a Category B on the IDP will not be accepted.