Our company started in true entrepreneurial fashion – one person with a phone and a couple of vehicles in a rented office overtop a rural Alberta service station. Read about Jeff Polovick’s story here.
Over our last four decades, the values of our organization have remained the same:
We are often asked – why these four values? We see these values as foundational for ensuring a good relationship with others and to be a successful employee at DF Group of companies — so foundational that we made the values tangible by having them engraved on river stones to give to new employees. Because of this, the values have become known to our employees as our “rocks.”
What our rocks mean in terms of action is that we need to:
- Integrity – have integrity by being honest, ethical and forthright in our all interactions.
- Respect – give others respect by being empathetic and treating them with dignity.
- Commitment – display commitment by showing up and doing what we say we will do.
- Passion – show our enthusiasm for what we choose to work at and for growing as an individual.
Holding true to these values has enabled our company to grow in size, adding team members and locations across the continent. It has also supported substantial internal growth by helping us build stronger connections amongst ourselves and with our customers.
At DF Group of companies, we also strive to develop as individuals. We make use of a wide selection of resources such as:
- TED* (The Empowerment Dynamic) by David Emerald Womeldorff https://powerofted.com/
- How to Ikigai by Tim Tamashiro http://bit.ly/39J00NG
- Mindset by Carol Dweck https://amzn.to/2IDnOXl
- Traction by Gino Wickman https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8549192-traction
- Tribal Leadership by Dave Logan, John King and Halee Fischer-Wright https://www.triballeadership.net/
- Trust in the Balance by Robert Bruce Shaw http://bit.ly/2TJpVPt
… along with many others. As well, we utilize survey and assessment tools to describe our mental energies, motivations and strengths:
- Kolbe A™ – www.kolbe.com
- PRINT® – https://www.paulhertzgroup.com/
- CliftonStrengths – https://www.gallup.com/cliftonstrengths
- Dynamynd – Student Aptitude Quiz (available for children of our employees) – https://dynamynd.com/learning/
These insights have helped us create a culture where people can thrive, be engaged and enjoy their time at work.
If you are interested in knowing whether you would be a good fit with our team at DF Group of companies, please reach out by email to email@example.com.
- Link to Community intro page
- Link to Careers page
- Link to Safety page
- Link to Home